It was kind of a big deal...

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Adorable Pink Lemonade Cupcakes. A delicious treat for Mom this Mother's Day!
Photo Credit: Better Homes and Gardens
January 22, 2014, Appointment with Dr. Foulk in Pleasant Grove. Ambree's physical exam and doctor consultation.

Holy cow you guys, yesterday was INCREDIBLE.

My infertility doctor is so great, Lucas and I have had a wonderful experience with him thus far. HOWEVER, we had never talked to him directly about our plans to use a gestational carrier so were a little weary of how he would react.  We have talked to others in his office, but not him. At our last meeting at his office, his advisor warned us that he would try to talk me into giving IVF a try on my own first. This worried me because I just KNOW, in my heart, that THIS (using a carrier) is what we are supposed to do.

Needless to say I was very nervous for our appointment yesterday. I hoped I could stand my ground but it's a pretty emotional subject so I was worried I'd just fall apart in his office.

Yesterday was FANTASTIC! Dr. Foulk is so great. He sat down and let us talk right off the bat, he listened to our worries, concerns, excitement, anxiety...all of it. And the absolute best part...HE'S TOTALLY ON BOARD!! He didn't question my decision for a second, was so great with Ambree and was thorough, honest and encouraging. I have NO doubt at all that he was guided yesterday by a higher power. When he walked into the room, all my anxiety just left, it was incredible! I haven't even said this out loud to anyone yet but I felt like that office was full of people, it was strange. I have a feeling we had a lot of cheerleaders from the other side there at this appointment with us. We prayed so hard before we left for Salt Lake, and I know many of you did as well; those prayers were heard and answered in a BIG way.

I am more excited than ever and can't wait to start this journey. This is the checklist we currently our working on:

1. Get Ambree cleared to be a carrier. CHECK!
2. Find a lawyer and set up our contract.
3. Get all our psych evals done. (Yep, Lucas, me, Ambree & Derek all have to pass pscyh exams before we get the go-ahead).
4. Get on same birth control. CHECK!
5. SAVE UP $20,000!
6. Get Ambree's water ultrasound done.
7. Start therapy sessions together (we have to do counseling together befor embryo transplant).
8. Begin the process of hormone injections (for both Ambree and I).
9. Perform the egg extraction (Deja).
10. Make embryo's.
11. Transfer the winning/best embryo.
12. Embryo attaches and WE'RE PREGNANT (ideally).

I get goose bumps just writing this. I am giddy with excitement.

NOW, please pray for PATIENCE for me. Waiting for the funding is going to be hard cause I'm just so anxious to get moving on making a Lucas & Deja baby!

THANK YOU all for your continual love and support. We love you all and are eternally grateful for your love and charity!



No comments:

Post a Comment