Final Embryo Count & Transfer Day

Friday, March 20, 2015

Gorgeous Purple Cupcakes
These beautiful cupcakes can be found here.
As I mentioned earlier, we had 13 embryo the day after my egg retrieval (Wed. 3/20/15), 1/3 of those are expected to survive up to today (day 3). It took ALL day long but I got the call tonight around 5:00 with our count.

We actually have 11 embryo as of today, which is a big number! It's a little more complex than that though. Each embryo is "rated" on a scale from 1-10, the hope is for the embryos to be ranked between a 6 and a 10. 

We have 4, which are ranked a 4, which most likely means we will not be able to use these 4 at all. They are kind of out of the picture at the moment.

We have 1 embryo that's a 5 rating. This ones on the cusp, meaning it could fertilize more and become a 6, or is could stop growing all together.

We have 2 that are 7's, 2 that are 8's and 2 that are 9's! 

So we have six that are within the range of "good embryos". 

We are pretty happy with these numbers, as our coordinator told us, "We just need ONE STRONG embryo". We are praying and crossing our fingers that they just keep getting stronger.

So what's next?

Sunday, THIS SUNDAY (3/22/15) at 3:00 pm we go in for our transfer. Guys, this is the day I've dreamed about for over a year. I have longed for this day with all my heart, I get teary eyed just thinking about it. Ambs will take a little sedative at 3:00, upon arrival. Then Lucas and I will go into a room and they will show us pictures of our cute embryos and we "pick" the one to implant. I'm sure we will be guided in this process by the lab--it seems so bizarre that we "pick" THEE embryo but that's how it works. They then go to the lab, get the one we pick and we transfer it to Ambree, at 3:30 pm THIS SUNDAY!

What an incredible process! I had no idea how much my brain could think about embryo until this week. As weird as it sounds I think about them sitting there in the lab, what they look like, where they are, who's with them...I sound crazy right!?! But that's OUR babies and my heart melts thinking about it. 

We need lots of prayers this week as we prep for transfer. Lots of good, STICKY vibes sent our way. We need this feller to STICK!!! My eye fill with tears as I write this because this is what all of you, and we, have worked so hard for, THIS MOMENT. Transfer day is going to be a HUGELY emotional day for us!

Thanks for your love and support! We cherish each of you who follow our story and share in this journey with us!

XOXO,
Deja

No comments:

Post a Comment