It's OUR time!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015



Red Velvet Cupcakes - I think these were invented just for me. I mean, they're like a little piece of heaven baked into a single serving snack :)
Red Velvet Cupcake
It’s been a while since I updated, so it’s long over-due.
We have big news!
We are starting this baby making’ process…like THIS WEEKEND!
This journey has been a crazy one, BUT nothing could prepare us for our plan of care meeting.
Several times during our appointment Ambree, Lucas and I turned pale white when we heard what we were all about to go through.
I honestly can’t explain my emotions over the last 24 hours, since our appointment, I’ve cried more than I have through the entire process.
REALITY became REAL!
So to try to explain to you what’s about to happen would take a few hours (that’s how long it took us anyway) so let me tell you, these March and February calendars (one for Ambree, one for me) are going to dictate our lives…

Let me explain it to you:
Ambree takes a bunch of drugs.
I take a bunch of drugs.
Blood work.
More blood work.
Even more blood work.
More drugs for Ambree.
Ultrasounds GALORE
More drugs for me.
More drugs for Ambree.
Egg extraction for me (surgical procedure)
Lucas does his thing.
Scientists make little embryos.
We store them in a freezer.
They pick “the one”
Ambree takes a BUNCH more drugs.
We implant the embryo.
Ambree is pregnant (we hope).

Did you get that? Just remember loads of drugs+sperm+eggs+science=baby!

So all of this takes just 6 weeks. By April, we could be pregnant!

Are you freaking out? Cause we are!
Between Ambree and me, we have to be at the doctors nearly every day (including weekends), and will be injecting ourselves with a variety of drugs, nearly daily of these 6 weeks.
It’s going to be quite the journey, but holy moly, 
STUFF IS HAPPENING!

There’s the details for you all.
We will need lots of prayer and good vibes sent our way these next two month.
Pray, send good vibes, think of us…whatever it is, we need it!
We could never have gotten here without your love and support!
So here we go!
(More on my thoughts to come soon. Stay tuned, we will update you at least weekly…you’re with us now on this ride…hang on!)

XOXO,
Deja

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! So crazy and scary and exciting and amazing!! Wow. What are the purpose of the drugs, just curious? Will be praying!

    ReplyDelete